Friday, May 18, 2012

Processing

I really like processing.  A lot.  I don't know if I would prefer to have started with processing and then worked up to java, but processing seems much simpler.  A lot of that might be that having learned java makes processing look easy, but I still think processing might provide a less steep learning curve.  For me, at least.  That said, I know that success on the AP is the end goal of this course and processing probably doesn't further that goal.  That is why we start processing at the end, and not at the beginning.  That makes sense.  But I am actually reasonably enjoying myself using processing.  This might be because the goal for processing is whatever I want it to be, as opposed to being set by you.  Still, it's fun, and I am kind of happy to actually be doing work after the AP instead of just screwing around (like in my other classes).  I didn't think I could get tired of playing Medieval II Total War so quickly, but I did.  School just makes fun things less fun. Have you noticed that?  My friends and I comment pretty frequently on the fact that a book assigned by an English teacher becomes far less interesting than if we had chosen to read it ourselves.  Not that I really choose to read books on my own time anymore.  I would love to, but video games, movies and the internet have destroyed my attention span.  Plus between playing video games, school, sleep, homework, naps, eating and power naps, I just don't have enough time for reading any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment